New Officers Elected at March 4th Annual Meeting
The officers for our organization are elected to a two-year term at the March Annual meeting in the odd years. Jan Hittle, Beth Headings, Barb King and Marcia Seifert volunteered to serve and were presented to the membership by the nominating committee. All ran unopposed and were elected unanimously on March 4, 2017.
NEORQC promotes the love of quilting and art of quilt making to over 1,000 quilt enthusiasts with a handful of dedicated individuals! This is your chance to contribute to the supportive and collaborative endeavors of this organization.
Jan will be seeking energetic individuals to get involved in the organization as committee chairs or committee members. Committee chairs serve 2-year terms and become members of the Board of Directors. Many of our existing chairs have already served the maximum of 2 terms (i.e. 4 years) and can no longer continue.
If you have talents that would compliment these committees and are willing to volunteer your time and efforts, please express your interest to our president, Jan Hittle!
NEORQC Fabric Challenge Returns!
The only requirement is to use a recognizable piece of the
Challenge fabric. Categories for viewer's choice:
- Large quilts (beyond 30" on a side)
- Small quilts / wall hangings
- Totebags / purses
- Wearables & Miscellaneous
Fat quarters available at the Oct 2016 and March 2017 meetings for $3. The money collected will be used for the prizes.
Finished projects will be displayed and prizes awarded by popular vote at the June 2017 General meeting.
Tree City Quilters' Guild 2017 Retreat - Mar 31st to Apr 2nd
Classes and all meals are included in the registration fee. The cost for the weekend is $175 for Tree City Quilters's Guild members and $220 for non-members. Class will be scheduled from 7:00-9:00 on Friday, 8:00-noon and 1:00-4:00 on Saturday and 9:00 a.m. until noon on Sunday, April, 2, 2017.
Quilters who want to stay overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn may make reservations by calling 855-213-0582. Saturday evening is free time to sew and visit.
Location: Hilton Garden Inn
959 Dover Road, Wooster, OH 44691
- Giant Dahlia by Linda Miller. Learn how to create a stunning Giant Dahlia quilt top from an affordable kit of precision acrylic templates by Marti Michell and fabrics. We'll discuss in detail the precision cutting of your fabric and together we will get it all cut for assembling. We'll explore how to successfully match the points of the gentle curved pieces and see the arcs of the Dahlia come alive.
- Rainbow Swirls by Rita Fischel. This fun pattern uses the Creative Grids 6" Curvy Log Cabin Trim tool. There are tons of patterns available for this ruler, but this is one of my favorites! Simple to use! Guaranteed! You can make this from scraps, or make it planned.
Registration deadline is March 15, 2017. Click here for brochure with registration form.
Northcoast Needlers Guild Quilt Show April 22-23 in Westlake
The Northcoast Needlers' 2017 "My Favorite Chix are Quilters" Quilt Show returns April 22nd and 23rd from 10 am to 5 pm to the Westlake High School (newly built!), 27830 Hilliard Blvd, Westlake, OH 44145. The return of this show provides a weekend of creative inspiration for fellow quilters and incredible quilts and fiber arts to awe all attendees! Over 250 quilts including guild challenge display.
Donation: $5.00; Seniors: $4.00; Ages 10 & under: free
Handicapped accessible, stroller friendly, free parking.
North Coast Needlers will be offering stuffed "Chix" for adoption and fees will be donated to Northeast Ohio Adoption Services, Inc.to further their work in northeast Ohio.
In addition, tickets for this beautiful raffle quilt are now being sold. It is absolutely stunning and the quilting is exquisite!
Special Events and Features of the Show:
- Gorgeous raffle quilt.
- Challenge quilts, "Chix Run Wild" and a block donation "Chix for Kids". The contest blocks will be crafted into a quilt and will be raffled off to support this years donation recipient: NOAS.
- Vendor Mall
- Much more including Quilt-side Cafe and door prizes.
For further information, see the North Coast Needlers' website and click the link to the 2017 Quilt Show.
Host Guilds Needed
We are seeking a guild to volunteer to host a meeting in 2017 (June or October). NEORQC currently offers $250 to host guilds to cover expenses.
Host supplies these basic needs:
- Facility with room setup for the meeting
- Educational Program Speaker
- Lunch is generally potluck, but the host supplies light morning pastries, coffee & punch and table service (ie plates & eating utensils)
NEORQC has its own microphone system if one is not available at the facility. Contact Beth Headings, VP for additional information at email@example.com or click here for a checklist document ....
Support our local member shops and quilt teachers!!
They are the best!!