Plans are underway for NEORQC's next Getaway to be held on February 17th - 19th at the Holiday Inn in Boardman.
Class proposals are currently being solicited. You do not have to be a NEORQC teacher to submit a class proposal; however we will give first priority to our members. We are always on the lookout for what is new and trending in the quilting world.
Each teacher wishing to participate may submit up to 3 class options. The committee will have the final say on which classes will be offered. Due to anticipated conference attendance, not all proposals can be selected.
We also ask that you consider different classes:
- Than have been offered this past year at Getaway: The technique can be the same (paper piecing, traditional piecing, machine quilting, fabric painting, thread painting, etc.), but we would like our students to:
- Create a different project/quilt using that technique, or
- Learn additional skills using that technique (i.e. if last year's class was for beginning quilters, consider an intermediate level).
- Than will be submitted to QuiltEscape (Cindy Casciato's retreat), if accepted
- Than will be submitted to Fall Quilt Camp (Peg Bingham's retreat in Ripley), if accepted
These are all great retreats, and our students are seeking fresh, new projects at each, particularly if they enjoy attending several of them.
New classes chosen will be presented at the June NEORQC meeting, then posted to this website by July 1st. Registration will be open August 1st thru October 15th or until filled