NEORQC Annual Meeting on March 7th
NEORQC's next Annual Meeting will be held on Saturday, March 7th at 10:00 am. The program will be hosted by Osnaburg Quilt & Fiber Art Quild.
Host: Osnaburg Quilt & Fiber Art Guild
Look for our banner at:
East Canton Church of God
201 Nassau St. E., East Canton, OH 44730
(Enter building at the rear, off parking lot. Meet in social hall).
- Guest Speaker: Dave Lewis
- Challenge Fabric Project Reveal (see details further below)
- Officer Elections
- Voting on (for/against) bylaws changes
- Show 'n Tell - don't forget!
- Bring covered dish for pot luck lunch
- Conversation & laughter with your quilting friends!
Dave Lewis will present a trunk show of hand made quilts inspired by history and stories about the people who were involved in the Civil War. Each quilt has its own story, as
do all quilts.
quilts include: "Lincoln's Birthday Quilt," "The Mother Bickerdyke Quilt," "The Civil War Portrait Quilt," "Christmas in the Field," "A Soldier's Cot Quilt,"
"The Belfast Flag Quilt," "The McCook House Quilt," to name a few.
||Most of these quilts are of original design and some contain patterns found in
original 1860's quilts. Other quilts have been inspired by quilts, which have survived the 150 years since the Civil War.
Join Dave Lewis and friends as they share their experiences in researching and constructing these beautiful reproduction quilts.
NEORQC 2014-15 Fabric Challenge Reveal:
- Arrive early to enter your project before the meeting starts.
- Wallhangings and smaller quilts
- Totebags and purses
- Wearable quilted items
- Each item will receive a number when you sign in.
- Place your item in the category you've selected.
- Please cover your name if visible on your item.
- Awards are by popular vote. Ballots available for all categories. Awards will be presented after lunch.
- Questions? Contact: Paula Wedig, email@example.com (440) 842-0589
Getaway Photos Reveal Projects & Fun!
The 2015 Getaway is behind us now, but the friends we made and the fond memories live on (including all the snow)!
Click the logo to see a slide show of the event.
Gorgeous Raffle Quilt Offered by Northcoast Needlers Guild
The Northcoast Needlers' 2015 "Thirty Years of Threads That Bind" Quilt Show returns April 11th from 10 am to 6 pm and April 12th from 10 am to 5 pm to the Westlake High School (newly built!), 27830 Hilliard Blvd, Westlake, OH 44145. Tickets for this beautiful raffle quilt are now being sold. It is absolutely stunning and the quilting is exquisite!
The drawing will be on April 12th at 2 p.m.
Please visit their website at www.ncnquilt.com and click the "Quilt Show 2015" tab to see pictures and additional information about the raffle quilt.
Special Events and Features of the Show:
- Gorgeous "Confetti" raffle quilt.
- Special Exhibit: 2014 Hoffman National Fabric Challenge - 25 piece Indigo collection F
- NCN Community Service display
- Vendor Mall
- Much more including Quilt-side Cafe and door prizes.
Hoopsisters BOM Classes offered at Sew Deja Vu - Stow
Join Sue Wagner as she walks us through quilting in the hoop. A great way to learn the capabilities of your embroidery machine.
You will learn "Hoopsisters" unique technique of combining embroidery with piecing and quilting to make perfect quilt blocks in the hoop of your embroidery machine.
"Sewn Seeds" is a 12-month project that begins March 21st.
Click here to go to Sew Deja Vu's website for further details.
Somewhere Sewing Classes Offered - Millersburg
Just in time to help us forget about all this snow and get back to what we love most! Many more classes on the website. Call Somewhere Sewing at 330-674-1677 to register, or visit www.somewheresewing.com for more information or newsletter sign-up.
Instructor: Peg Bingham
Sat, May 23rd - 9:30-4:00
Instructor: Peg Bingham
Sat, April 11th - 9:30-4:00
Instructor: Karen Combs
Sat, April 25th - 9:00-4:00
NEORQC Education Grant Applications Due July 1st
The NEORQC Education Grant is offered to provide up to $300 to organizations promoting the fine art of quilting and raising the public awareness of the art form.
We especially encourage projects that introduce youth to sewing & quilting.
This money can be used for supplies, field trip admissions and workshop fees for education of textiles, history, mixed media, traditional or the art form of quilting.
Click here for application form ...
Further information is available on the Grant Page of this website, or by contacting the Grant Chair, Nancy Marin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host Guilds Needed
We are seeking a guild to volunteer to host a meeting in 2016 (March, June or October). NEORQC currently offers $250 to host guilds to cover expenses.
- Facility with room setup for the meeting
- Program / Speaker
- Lunch is generally potluck, but the host supplies morning pastries, coffee & punch and table service (ie plates & eating utensils)
NEORQC has its own microphone system if one is not available at the facility. Contact Mary Bernower, VP for additional information at email@example.com.
Support our local member shops and quilt teachers!!
They are the best!!